I like food… maybe a little too much of it which of course is evident on the scales when I have the nerve to get on it. My cringe factor however is not about gaining weight, because lucky for me I stay within a healthy weight range. The concern for me is to eat healthy, make a conscious effort to eat healthy the best I can. So I found a nice and simple slightly spicy salad recipe on Feasting At Home that would be great.
- 2 extra large tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Herbs (parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Can be served with chicken
Credit: Feasting At Home