One of my newest favorite things to do, which I hope to enjoy doing this year, is creating new drinks enjoyable for myself and my best people (If they are interested) to enjoy – and I can pretend to be a good-enough hostess. I do a lot hunting on the the internet for pretty much anything that sparks my interest and it is always refreshing to learn something new every day.
This new drink recipe is cozy warm sipper, made with muddled ginger, maple syrup (or honey), whiskey, a squeeze of lemon and hot ginger tea. The perfect cocktail for a cool evening get-together, when you simply want to curl up at home or when feeling under the weather. Not only does it soothe a sore throat, and help clear the sinuses, it tucks one gently into bed for the night. A more natural way to treat a cold and easy to make too.
- 4 slices ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Star anise/ cinnamon/ clove
- 1 bag Celestial Seasonings Tea- Gingerbread Spice
- 1 ½- 2 ounces Scotch, Whiskey or Bourbon
- ½ ounce maple syrup
- Squeeze lemon ( ½ a small lemon)
- Muddle ginger in a glass
- Add cinnamon stick and any whole spice you like, clove, cinnamon etc
- Add your alcohol & maple syrup
- Pour hot water over top and let seep 3-4 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and stir.
- Toast to yourself