By Nanya Konwea
For as long as I can remember, girls have always had their best friends. Some friendships begin early enough or you get lucky in your adult life. With these ladies, creepy stops being a thing; periods, fart and orgasms become conversation. You may grow close to other people or move away but for so many reasons no one will be able to replace them.
- They know what your SOS means: Your girls always know when to save you from random guys, your parents or even from yourself. From a mile away they can spot your distress, read the body language, decode a text and know how to get you out of a situation.
- You are all badass just by being together: Being with your girls give you the confidence you need to take on anything really. Some will be stronger emotionally and will always give you the needed boost. You slay together and attract guys as a team; your girls make you look good.
- They will stand up for you in a fight: Hopefully they do know how to fight or you both know how to run away really quickly after the name calling phase of a fight, right before the beating starts. You can both run away together laughing.
- No problem is too small and you are never too silly when in pain: Your girl(s) always know exactly the right thing to say at exactly the right time. This is probably because they know you better than you know yourself. They are ready to hurt anyone that dared to cause you pain.
- You are privileged to go through stages with each other: Even if you didn’t become friends since you were tots, it takes a while to earn the title of best friends from the day you meet and strike up a friendship; time within and after which you would have been through stages of your lives together.
- They are your partners in crime (and in fashion fails too): Life would be no fun without an element of mischief or some crucial mistakes, but these are all the more fun if you’ve got your best friends to create them with. Those are the best times and you would not mind getting in trouble or getting called out on them.
- They will never in a lifetime judge you for anything: That cannot be said about the other girls in your life. Your best girls stand with you- stupid you with the stupid decisions you made- and they deal. They will stage an intervention, or slap you into sensibility but will never judge or out you.
- They truly and absolutely love you: The love of your best friends are strong feelings nobody else might have towards you. Even after a fight, the pull of your friendship stays strong. Your family becomes their family and you can spend your days confident in the love of your friend.
Take some time to appreciate your best friends and if for some good reasons you aren’t so chum anymore, relive the good memories and be thankful you had the chance you did.